Friday, September 15, 2017

Biscayne Blouse Thrice Made



I've been wearing the Biscayne Blouse all summer long, so I can say without a doubt that this pattern by Hey June Handmade is definitely a favorite of mine.

The first one that I made is the light blue floral cotton.  I made it as a muslin and it fit so well, that I have worn it regularly.


 The neutral linen blouse is the vision I originally had for the pattern.  I love linen - the feel, the look, and the timeless nature of the fabric.  The neutral linens appeal to my sense of connection with the land.  This piece of linen was actually a skirt in its original form.  That is why you see the seams on the front and back, which I think add some texture and interest.


French seams and a hidden placket give the blouse an awesome finish.

Detail on the hidden placket

 The third blouse is also linen in my favorite color blue.


This one has a button down front because I cut the pattern out of an existing xxl long-sleeved linen shirt.  I love how the linen drapes on this one.  This is the only one that has a pocket.  It was on the original shirt, so I just sized it down and moved it over a bit.


 Will be making more of these - hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments on this post