Monday, September 18, 2017

Summer Goes On - Mercer Tunic

The Mercer Tunic by Whitney Deal is another top that I've been wearing all summer.  The past couple days temps have reached back up into the 90's, so it's a perfect time to blog it...and wear it!


I used a cotton voile fabric in a bright whimsical blue.  I really like it because it's lightweight, but not sheer, and sturdy enough to hold up through wash and wear.  I would definitely use something lightweight to make this top.  I may try making one in double gauze next time.


Whitney did a great job on this pattern incorporating french seams (love those!)  I also like the cut on the shoulders.  It drops down just a bit and almost acts like a cap sleeve.  Incidentally, I really want to find a good basic pattern that has cap sleeves.  I've tried drafting my own to add onto some of the patterns that I've already purchased, but they haven't worked out just right.  If you've made one that you like, let me know.

Here's a view of the back showing the yoke construction along with some gathering for the bodice.


The gathers give it that tunic-y, flow-y feel.  It's not very long on me because I'm tall, but I am happy with the way it turned out.


Highly recommend the Mercer Tunic pattern from a meritorious designer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments on this post